Majordomo - Chinatown

Thanks @Omotesando! Agrapart sounds lovely and I love champagne. Interesting about the magnum. It will just be me, though. The husband wants bourbon. Champagne probably won’t work, because I’ll be spiriting half the bottle back to our temporary abode. :wink:

Try sitting at the chef’s counter if it’s available. Prime kitchen watching.

3 Likes

Not sure if this would be an option but we’ve enjoyed several of the sakes on the menu. The sake went well with most of the dishes on the menu that we ordered.

1 Like

Is that a first come first serve situation or should I drop your name again? :relaxed:

I do love my sake, but have been so influenced by everyone’s love of their wine program that I forgot about sake. I guess I’ll see what they recommend based on what we order. Thanks!

Question: is the jury still out on the weekend lunch?

Event Details
Majordomo from Chef David Chang and Jude Parra Sickels welcomes special guest Chef Yu Bo of Yu’s Family Kitchen in Chengdu, China for a special lunch-time service. Limited number of the special large format dishes served for on-day only on a first come, first served basis.

1 Like

The chef’s counter can be reserved and it’s been booked up both times I’ve walked in.

Just drop Alan’s name and they’ll fit you right in.

4 Likes

Going at 11:30! Look for the table with all the champagne and white wine!

4 Likes

I am told that the Duck/crispy rice was replaced with Lamb/crispy rice.

My son and I have a 12:30 reservation. Does anyone know what the Chef Yu Bo menu will be?

3 Likes

ok really now, what makes this damn bounty bowl so awesome? is it just the dipping sauces + uber high quality raw veggies? Is ANY prep done to the veggies beyond wash/cut?

The Bounty Bowl sometimes includes unusual items, e.g. on my last visit purple snap peas which I’d never seen before. Some of them are steamed / parboiled or pickled. The dips are great.

1 Like

Pretty much this… and a side of high quality, crunchy, finishing salt.

confirmed

My friend tried it out last night. She loved the rice but not so much the smoked lamb, even though it’s cooked well, since it’s too smokey for her.

I really liked the lamb crispy rice. I didn’t find it too smoky.

1 Like

It really depends on what you’re eating and if you want to taste around or if you want the solidarity of a bottle. Tyler & Rich are my go to’s there, Nate and Ken also good. For me, it’s food and wine together, so tough to answer all on its own. The L’Anglore Tavel goes with a lot of dishes though and is a bit of a unicorn. Several vintages if memory serves.

1 Like

Not a wine with which I was familiar but just looked it up and it sounds enticing and an opportunity to try a wine that is not widely available at retail.

In fact, I just looked on Wine-Searcher.com and the wine is only available two places in the U.S. at retail, one of them at Kogod Wine Merchant, a very good Internet wine dealer based out of San Diego, but they only have magnums for $199. So you can test it out at the restaurant before investing $199 in a magnum.