Majordomo's prices: threat or menace?

duck rice and pork - thats a quite a bit of food for 2 people.

Yeah, there’s a good chance we’d not order either the pork or the waffle. I was just erring on the side of excess. I’d probably always order the kakigori if it were on the menu since it seems so light, at least until you’re halfway through eating it.

$256.89 is still 14% short of $150 per person. And even $150 is still cheaper than most if not all of the high-end tasting-menu places.

also 28% more than 100pp.

if you tell someone a restaurant is $150pp and it comes in at $128 everything is cool. If you tell someone a restaurant is “less than $100pp” and it comes in at $128 then that is less cool.

3 Likes

Obviously ordering less than $100 per person can come out to over $100 when you add surcharge, tax, and tip, but surcharge, tax, and tip don’t total over 50%. I figured people could do that math.

Quibbling over calculations doesn’t change the reality that you have to go hard to spend more than $150 per person excluding alcohol.

I guess that’s true if your entire party is not gluttonous and drinks tap water.

2 Likes

I guess by this board’s standards my friends and I aren’t gluttonous. My capacity isn’t what it was when I was a restaurant critic. Often we drink enough wine to make up for it.

Even the blowout meal where two of us ordered enough for four didn’t come to $150 per person, though it would these days.

dish price
oxtail 21
bing with hozon 8
Bounty Bowl 15
black cod 35
shrimp crispy rice 44
whole chicken with truffles 88
kakigori 17
tip 46

Here you go. Last receipt there. Party of 5.

Remove $360 from corkage and tequila

So $728 before tip. 20% tip results in $873.60. Divided by 5 $174.

Had leftovers of Gailan and chicken noodle soup and some chicken rice.

4 Likes

A sample menu for 2 - it’s really not that difficult. And I would not classify the below menu as “going hard” either.

3 Likes

You forgot to include the 65.5 cents per mile for the drive.

What’s with all you kooks paying for bottled still water?

2 Likes

Hah! Went out to lunch this weekend w/ friends. We are offered sparking, still, tap. We ordered sparking for the first round, and that was fine. When we decided to get non-sparkling for the second round, I said I was fine w/ tap, but friends wanted bottled (and were paying, so…).

I totally get you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

they just auto default to it whenever some of us order sparkling. It’s annoying but no one ever bothers to correct it.

2 Likes

so the $42 skirt steak was better than the $83 wagyu?? Why do they even have it on the menu then? The Wagyu was very bad…

1 Like

$150? If I get a main (average cost is like $75) a rice ($50) and appetizer ($30) that’s 150 without tip and tax, so that’s $200 per person… That’s a LOT and the rice was not worth $50 … what main would you order from this list?

MEAT & FISH
Grilled Striped Bass - jalapeño, garlic, cilantro 44 Ibérico Pork - spring onion, fish sauce, lime 53
Boiled Whole Chicken - rice, domojang, ginger scallion, hand torn noodle, soup 78
Grilled Wagyu Zabuton - steak diane sauce 83
Smoked Half Bo Ssäm - (feeds 4-5) ssam, condiments, rice 110
Whole Plate Short Rib - (feeds 5-6) ssam, condiments, beef rice preorder/subject to availability 235 Smoked Prime Rib - au jus, horseradish, BS fries subject to availability / Mondays only 85

1 Like

gang for everybody’s sake we gotta shut this down.

4 Likes

Almost all the dishes are portioned for two or more. Ordering an appetizer, whole chicken, and crispy rice for one person would be ridiculous unless you’re a serious glutton.

Majordomo’s obviously not for you, so don’t go back and maybe stop posting in this topic since you have nothing new to add.

2 Likes

I have a lot to add, you just don’t like what I add to it…

You ate there once, didn’t order very well, didn’t like most of the food, think it’s too expensive, and clearly don’t understand the menu. What more do you have to add to the discussion?

2 Likes

Chocolate chip cookies!

Sorry, couldn’t help it… ::sneaking away::

2 Likes

On the contrary, I actually listened to the recommendation of the server for what to order so apparently they “don’t understand the menu” and “don’t order very well” which makes it poor service /s. Why are you so offended?

And that’s odd to have a restaurant specifically catered for 2 or more people… first I’ve ever heard of that for excuses on a poor meal