Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

What is this??? :slight_smile: I loved stuffed cabbage…

Yakitoriya

6 Likes
2 Likes

@Chowseeker1999, sorry no blondie @TheCookie

5 Likes

@yogachik

1 Like

I wonder who’s gonna be the first on FTC to try this??? Does sound rather delicious…

I do miss Charcoal!

Cut now available via Spago.

https://www.exploretock.com/spagobeverlyhills/experience/122128/cut-dinner-for-24-or-6-from-spago-fri-51-sat-52?date=2020-05-01&size=2&time=19%3A00

2 Likes

I got an email from them (and Citrin) and it looks delicious (it’s a great deal at $49 for all that food!). But, I live alone so I wouldn’t know what to do with the abundance.

1 Like

Now, this sounds like the perfect meal for my sweetheart, who’s working, sheltering and studying for a monster test on the the 1st. I’ll clear the 3 laptops and study materials from my dining table and set a proper place. Here’s hoping the steak carries well. :cocktail: :green_salad: :cut_of_meat:

3 Likes

You can also order cocktails and wine to go, too :). Good luck to A!

2 Likes

Thanks @attran99!

2 Likes

Not only did I buy a Jun Won (ktown) gift card @Nemroz, we ordered delivery direct, no 3rd party.

Banchan

They do not dumb this down for crossover appeal. I ate fishies with eyes @PorkyBelly. Of course, I’ve eaten things with eyes… but not while still in their heads. Tasty!

Mixed Rice

Daegu Jorim (braised black cod)

Delicious, complex sauce and perfectly cooked, buttery fish. Little bones!

Thin Sliced Marinated Beef

I had a couple of bites and thought it was tasty. My husband really liked it.

I had reservations about ordering the Steamed Cod to-go - it’s delicious but you have to wade thru the thick sauce & vegetables and remove the little bones just to get at the morsels of fish. But I thought the Whole Fried Fish and a Pancake wouldn’t stay crispy. I should’ve chanced it. This was too busy for me. So, the next day I did what I do… removed the bones and made soup. :blush:

Spicy Black Cod Soup

Yum! :yum:

12 Likes

good job… this friday is likely the first take out we order in years… it’s the first food we’ll eat that we didn’t cook since mid Jan… and it will be Jun Won ( unless her Thai wishes come true)

3 Likes

There’s usually the option to have it fully baked or par baked where you finish it off in your own oven with given instructions. Should be able to pick either in Postmates.

1 Like

where can I get mexico tacos? please don’t say Los Ayana.

Any good ideas for pizza delivery right now?

@Haeldaur depends what part of town you are in. I believe Mozza2Go is back delivering through Caviar and Antico is delivering through Caviar as well. Jon & Vinny’s is on Doordash. During this lockdown, I have tried Antico pizza and Pizzana (through ChowNow). I didn’t like the Pizzana pizza at all and the thick foccacia style Antico pizza was just not my style of pizza (YMMV).

Pre-COVID, I had Roberta’s delivered, which I thought was dreadful, and Il Fico on Robertson which no one ever talks about, but I think Il Fico makes quite a decent thin crust pizza with high quality cheese.

There are a lot of pizza delivery options and I think it may vary on where you live and what your taste is in pizza.

I’m in Culver. A lot of the nicer pizza places just don’t translate on delivery. I like DeSano but they won’t deliver to me.

I think because of COVID, some of the places have expanded their delivery platforms and delivery radius. The first time I checked Antico, I was outside the delivery area, but when I checked back a week or so later, Antico was on Caviar and could be delivered to me. I think because there is less traffic than usual, some of the services may be delivering further afield than normal.

I agree that pizza seems to suffer by delivery but I remember pre-pandemic that Mozza2Go was decent for delivery. Also, Pizzana has an option where you finish the pizza yourself, which I suppose makes it better. I didn’t choose that option when I ordered Pizzana and it might have been better choice, although I didn’t care for the sauce on the Pizzana pizza and didn’t think they were using the greatest cheese either and finishing the baking myself wouldn’t have ameliorated those problems.