Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

I’ve had jon and Vinnys, pizzana and Antico pizzas recently…picked up and enjoyed all. Maybe jon and vinnys the most tbh.

2 Likes

Jon and Vinnys was built around takeout just as much as dine in service. They used to have a host who only handled takeout orders.

Wouldn’t surprise me that their pizzas are holding up.

1 Like

Holbox family meals take out starting this Saturday, 5/2.

11 Likes

Superfines hold up pretty well for takeout (West LA is outside the delivery radius), and the drive each way is 18 minutes these days.

Ronan is a bit of a schlep from Culver City, but they prep their pizzas with the assumption you’ll finish it in the oven.

2 Likes

I see that Ronan is now on Caviar for delivery. The pizzas looks scrumptious, at least from the pictures and they are delivering mains and grocery items as well. Cultured butter! Flour. Farmers’ Market boxes.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed Ronan’s pizza’s a lot, not the best QPR tho.

Does Pizza Wagon deliver to you?

Did they ever offer paella in-house before?

Yeah, good point - quick heads up that folks should check out the pictures of their pizza relative to the dinner plates in the pictures for a sense of scale. They’re almost personal pizza size (but dense).

But these pizzas probably have been the top 2-3 I’ve had in terms of takeout-survival-quality.

I just had to order delivery of Erewhon’s (bev blvd) Organic Coconut Cake to the Wilshire-Corridor on Saturday. So efficient - finding the order form was a little tricky but they have a # to text (yep-chat) on their phone recording and a worker immediately responded. I got it done in about 15 minutes. If you have site problems text (310) 676-0300

10% off if you order directly on their site thru ChowNow.

1 Like

The Ronan regular pizza is $19 on Caviar, which seems par for the course. Is it just not that good? Roberta’s which I tried for delivery pre-pandemic is $17 for the regular pizza, but it just wasn’t good. Not a matter of QPR, just not good (although I have liked the Roberta’s I had at the kiosk near Grand Central Station - not sure what the problem is in Culver City). Antico is $25 for a huge pizza that could feed 3 or 4, but I just didn’t enjoy it.

Yep, I’m a thin crust gal but I enjoyed it and it’s a lot of food - heats well the next day in the toaster oven. We’d ask for a smidge more sauce & pepperoni. But that’s just us… ‘murican.

3 Likes

Omg. $50

9 Likes

Currently, only available on Saturday. Friday was available for dinner, but sold out.

Crooked Gaff Kitchen (Whittier)
Went to my local oyster house tonight. If you’re in the area, the deals they have are ridiculous. 2 sandwiches and 2 sides for $22. 3 course dinners for $30. Taco plate meals for $17. A full fusion-y menu of Mexican, Asian, and French items. Menus posted daily on IG. Beer and wine also available.
We ordered a slew of things and the chowpups gobbled it all down before I could take a photo. They’ve a fun Krabby Patty and a solid dry-aged burger. The fries will get soggy in the box, but the chowpups recommend the fried Brussels sprouts, mac & cheese, and the spicy green beans. Picked a growler each of mead and cider, too.
Chef Tony Alcazar worked with Chef Craig Strong at the Ritz-Carlton/Langham before he departed for south OC. He learned so much, but wanted to open something in his home neighborhood. He’s a great person…I got to chat with him and he said that he’s only doing about a quarter or a third of the business he was doing before. I hope he’s able to survive…I miss oysters and dipping his fries in the spicy soy vin that accompanies the green beans.

5 Likes

Sari Sari returns.

6 Likes

Whole buko pie: The new Antico Harry’s Berries ice cream pint…

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_p2nSgDfUO/

https://hatchetmarket.square.site/

6 Likes

It’s a hot buy. A lot of stuff is already sold out.

Gotta Love It

6 Likes