The World’s Best Food Market Is Being Built in L.A

Ipse, this whole thread had me remembering your saying just that a while back.

Tartine’s bread is as among the best in the world. That was true years before the hype and fame, when I used to buy it at the farmers market. Whether they could maintain the standards while expanding to another city, who knows.

Gjusta’s bread is pretty good but not in the same league as Acme, let alone Tartine.

2 Likes

lol whatever. It tastes super mediocre to me.

I love when the duke fanatics come out though.

Just assures me that I am correct. No one in the world can force me to like something if it tastes shitty to me. Not even the World Bread Authority.

If someone says Gjusta doesn’t make the best bread in the world, no fanatics leap out of the wood work to claim that, in fact, it is the best bread in the world.

I guess I am just a rebel in this dystopian world, a renegade standing up to the omnipotent World Bread Authority and their pet.

Not even close . Companion bakery in Santa Cruz would blow their rye bread away . Look at some of the pics of their breads

When I reported meeting Chris in Nov 2016, I posted at that time the fact that he was going to open “something” in DTLA in 2017, and a pizzeria in LA at a later date. I have had pies at PB 3 times now, and if what you say is accurate, I never had a pie whose dough was stretched by Chris and put on a peel. In spite of this, it is still the best pie I have ever eaten. His dough recipe hasn’t changed, and if LA’s pizzerias made a pie as good as PB delivers now, I would be delighted.

4 Likes

I’m sure the best bread in the world is probably made in France somewhere… but are we all supposed to fly to France whenever we need some bread?

If you live in LA, is it reasonable to drive to Santa Cruz whenever you want bread?

Perhaps so.

I have no stake in he game. I am not the one claiming any particular bread is the best in the world. In fact, I personally don’t believe there is such an objective bread despite the World Bread Authority.

1 Like

What is it that LA pizza lacks to your tastebuds versus Bianco pies? Just out of curiosity.

It’s hard to find decent bread in France.

1 Like

Best bread in the world is in Japan.

#HokkaidoMilkBreadRocks

1 Like

Not pizzafreak, but for me personally I prefer Sotto and Mother Dough over Bianco. Depending on my mood and the day of the month, I might say the same about Mozza.

But definitely Sotto. I mean, if Sotto was in the spot where Bar Bianco is at the Arizona Science Center complex, I know which line I’d be in.

1 Like

Best bread in the world is Sizzler’s Cheese Toast

8 Likes

I see your Sizzler’s Cheese Toast and raise you an Olive Garden Breadstick.

1 Like

The first raise I’ve seen that actually lowers the pot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re really young, aren’t you?

2 Likes

Ahh man, I’ll agree to disagree with you on Sotto versus Bianco. Regardless, it’ll be nice to have both in the city, and it’ll be nice to get a decent pizza downtown without waiting two hours for a bar seat at Bestia.

1 Like

You lost me there. Love Sotto but I prefer Bianco’s style of pizza more.

i may be a jackass, but at least i’m a consistent jackass:

“hype” is another one of those words that has become, essentially, nonsense.

4 Likes

What are those ?

Some suspect ass opinions in here. Whatever for the bickering. This is huge news. Tartine is world-class, no matter how many tourists go there now. It is a ridiculously good bakery. And Bianco is god. And the other guy seems to know his shit too. This is a fantastic development.

5 Likes
1 Like