Republique

I often find that a well made salad is the highlight of my dinner. It’s funny to hear someone else say that about a salad. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy birthday!! :balloon:

3 Likes

Thank you!

If it was sous vide, they probably lied about the 40 min cook time since sous viding a steak like that from start to finish requires at least 1.5 hr + searing. It’s more likely that it was seared and finished in the oven since Republique is ALC and the restaurant wouldn’t wanna waste any piece of exepsnive steak that might not get ordered at the end of the night.

2 Likes

+1!! Happy b-day!

1 Like

The wrath of too many carbs, I ate two loafs of bread pre-meal at republique last time and probably lack the self control to learn from that past mistake on my next trip there!

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Ditto but the bread, butter and salt are so delicious

3 Likes

It is tough to overcome. Such good bread!!

1 Like

Thank you! It was a great night!!

1 Like

See the gradient of red within the steak probably means it wasn’t sous vide’d. Otherwise it’d be a far more uniform color inside.

Also it takes almost no time at all to cook a 14oz NY strip. No reason to even sous vide it.

1 Like

Basque Burnt Cheesecake

Burnt on top w/undercooked creaminess (eggs, cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla) inside. :heart_eyes: Hard to explain, just get it. Beware: it’s really rich!

8 Likes

I’ve had this recipe sitting in my inbox all summer long and never got to making it. You may have inspired me this weekend.

2 Likes

That looks amazing!

1 Like

La Viña rules.

1 Like

Nice, must be the flavor of the month. Had a version at ronan recently.

Chef beran’s la vina recipe

2 Likes

I discovered something. It’s so rich I’ve just been noshing on it thru the day. But the smooth creamy consistency starts to change a bit after sitting. Best to eat asap.

Edit: or keep it in the fridge.

What time do you go in to buy pastries?

1 Like

It was the husband. He went around 10am.

3 Likes

I have fallen in love with Basque cuisine lately. Posted on the Tahoe/Truckee board about my introduction to it. Along with Alsatian, and Yunnan I think it is one of the most underrated cuisines in the world…and Georgian…there are so many, and so little time…

2 Likes

Going on Sunday. Has anyone had the Campanelle w/Lobster, Lemon, Basil? Wondering how basil-y it is? I don’t want to be removed from FTC, but I don’t love basil.

1 Like

tried it a few months ago, i don’t remember it being basil-y and they’re easily avoidable.

don’t forget to try the en croute for dessert.

1 Like