Restaurants - Delivery or Pick Up Options

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-HSfcnl5XP/

5 Likes

Nice for you that you’re young and totally healthy. That means you can get it yourself, not know you’re sick, and infect less lucky people who will die of it.

Any restaurants taking credit card info over the phone and putting the food in trunk when you arrive, so there’s zero personal contact? I’m high-risk and trying to be extremely careful.

1 Like

Rachel, thank you for your post. I will take whatever measures are legally required. In addition, I will act in a way that I think is best for everyone, not just myself. I actually wear a mask in public because it can’t hurt and can only help. I am vigilant about washing my hands and limiting my interactions with others. I wish you well.

Moo’s Craft BBQ

Just had it today and it was excellent!

Half portion of the Trinity Plate

7 Likes

Another study pegs the fatality rate to 1.4% (14 times that of the flu). Also, the R-naught (# people that will get sick from each infected person) of Covid19 is between 2 to 2.5 while the seasonal flu is only about 1.3. Add those two together, you have an overburdened healthcare system (lack of health workers, ICU beds, ventilators) that may be contributing to the unusually high case fatality rate in Italy (11% at the moment).

More food for thought: Italy’s hospital system is overwhelmed despite that fact that they have more hospital beds per capita. Do we really wanna risk replicating the Italy scenario?

Edit:
Do take into consideration of an estimated 17.9% asymtomatic cases.

1 Like

I promised not to talk about policy any more, and will not do so. In fact, I self-censored my post above to avoid further off-topic discussion. Please note the words “symptomatic case” in the article you cited.

Whole Foods and Bristol Farms both started to not allow shoppers to bring in their own bags. I am not sure about other supermarkets.

Didn’t know where to post this.

4 Likes

I’m in need of a birthday cake for this week. It’s a milestone and we’ll celebrate at home with local take-out. I usually get SusieCakes for this celebrant, but they’ve closed up shop. Does anyone have suggestions outside of Porto’s and grocery store cake? We can go funfetti-style with traditional American buttercream or something filled with fresh fruit.

3 Likes

chivichangas with no line and curbside pickup. everyday from 11am-10pm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9z1O-WH16P/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-DFjWOnAvi/

8 Likes

3-Layer Berry Chiffon Cake?

https://republiquela.com/pre-order-cakes-tarts/

sweet lady jane

proof

milk bar

5 Likes

What about Republique’s chocolate salted caramel cake? We had some last night and it is certainly a milestone worthy cake.
Oops I should have scrolled down. @PorkyBelly beat me to it!!

3 Likes

ST Patisserie in Tustin is open

3 Likes

Hi @attran99,

I was going to say Patisserie Chantilly (they have amazing Birthday Cakes! (I posted some pics in the thread)). But sadly they are closing (hopefully temporarily!) starting tomorrow. :cry:

There’s also Nagomi Cake House if you like a light, airy Japanese Cake with a nice Chantilly Cream filling and fruit. :slight_smile:

And of course, ST Patisserie in Irvine (but I see they are only open Friday and Saturdays now?).

And Republique. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I guess I know what’s for lunch this week! Thanks!

1 Like

More Onda daytime. Got the turkey al pastor sandwich for the first time: incredible. Crispy rice salad great as always. Gave credit card over phone.

3 Likes

Lark cake shop is delivering through Doordash.

1 Like

Thanks @PorkyBelly @js76wisco @ebethsdad @Chowseeker1999 and @tailbacku!
Plan A: ST Patisserie + Burritos La Palma
Plan B: Sweet Lady Jane + Sonoratown/Burritos La Palma
It all depends on what ST can do when I call tomorrow…closed on Sundays. I need this for Thursday. The celebrant is a huge BLP fan. With all that’s been going on, all my previous plans are thrown out the window.

6 Likes

Not in Los Angeles, but one of my favorites in Rome, Il Tempio D’Iside

9 Likes

One of the best meals we had in Rome. Still remember the gambero ceviche with the blue roe. The crab pasta was kind of a pain to eat but delightful. So delicious.

2 Likes