Fast Food Thread

It appears regular tacos have been reinstated on the JITB menu, both online and at the restaurants (at least here in Vegas), at 2/$1.49. All is (comparatively) well with the world again. Well, apart from things like COVID, etc., anyway. Along with a 7-piece order of stuffed jalapenos, the tacos round out a nice light meal, or heavy snack. Thanks again to @Ns1 for the tip about dipping the tacos in ranch sauce. Extra cheese is also a win.

I only ordered the mini-tacos once – I felt the ratio of filling-to-shell was a bit low. On the other hand, that ratio in the Monster Tacos was off in the other direction. The regular taco, like Goldilocks’s porridge, was just right.

4 Likes

Yeah I had two tacos the other day. Yeah, a 50% price increase is pretty steep compared to the old price. But it is pretty cheap.

You know you not only can dip them in ranch, you can order them with ranch inside them. At least that was an option in the app. Maybe someday they’ll put tacos back on the app.

I tried them with ranch added, when you (or maybe someone else) posted about that. However, they came drizzled with a diluted ranch that just didn’t work for me. Also, the ranch was on top of the lettuce, where I felt it really needed to be directly on the “meat” (such as it is), which is where it ends up when you dip the tacos. JMHO. The finer points of not-so-fine cuisine, I guess. :grin: BTW, they’re already back on the app.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Damn 3$ ultimate cheeseburger! Great deal

1 Like

Tacobeanmeatstuff™

I’ve commented before that JitB tacos taste eerily like high-school cafeteria tacos, which ALSO taste exactly like the ‘taco meat’ you used to (maybe still do?) find at Sizzler buffets and similar…

I think @robert might have pointed out, it was likely due to a common source, SYSCO:

https://www.jtmfoodgroup.com/uploadIMG/rfUploads/PDFS/Sysco_CasaSolana_BeefTacoMeat_POS_1220.pdf

3 Likes

Lol love the little thing of Maldon Salt. Fancy!

1 Like

I have a similar one but with Jacobsen sea salt! Love it

1 Like

So cute and handy. Where do you get them?

1 Like

I got it at farmshop

2 Likes

McDs not doing all day breakfast certainly is an obstacle. You can hit up Jack in the Box for the hashbrown.

But here is a daily deal in the Mcd app right now…

https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/t/filet-o-hashbrown/685

1 Like

Omg inflation

1 Like

GTFO $5 for large fries. Inflation is BS. Lots of companies are making money hand over fist, paying out huge bonuses and buying back a ton of stock.

1 Like

At Sonic today

1 Like

That is one of those items were you see extremes. There’s a McDonald’s kind of near me that’s $3.70 for a large and then there’s another one 1/2 mile from that one that is $5.

Crazy.

For your FOF or you can make a Pancake Filet O Hashbrown

Fwiw Wendy’s has really upped their fry game and the Dave’s famous is actually pretty good for what it is. It’s the best fast food burger available nationwide imo.

1 Like

That’s why I gave in and put the McDonald’s app on my phone. $1 large fries deal is available most of the time.

2 Likes

I had a hankering for fresh seafood that tasted like it was fresh from the dock. So I went to Arby’s lol .

I had heard from various confidential sources that the fish sandwich was really good. They have a spicy one with jalapeños, and you can get it in a 2/$6 mix-and-match deal.

Got to say, this was pretty damn good. I think my favorite may be Popeyes Cajun Flounder, but this one was right up there. Really thick, the batter/coating on the outside was super thin yet very crispy and the fish was thick and hot.

My “spicy” sandwich though had no heat, I did not get any jalapeños for whatever reason, and the sauce had no heat at all. But I didn’t care. It was definitely one of the better fast food offerings.

Sorry for the really lame photo. Unfortunately I did not have professional lighting.

10 Likes